The first step to looking good no matter what you are wearing is to find your right clothing size. Even the most unflattering outfit can be rocked as long as it fits perfectly. That’s not all. Wearing the correct size portrays that you value your appearance and want to make a good impression on others. Ill-fitting clothes make guys look unsightly. Drooping shoulders and too-long sleeves in shirts are a major turn-off, regardless of whether it’s an interview or a first date. So, let’s take a look at how to measure sleeve length so you can pick the right shirt.
How to measure sleeve length
Here are 5 steps to ensure you measure your sleeve length accurately:
- Measure from the middle of your neck, exactly where your spine is, to the end of your shoulders. This measurement ensures that you don’t get a shirt whose shoulders droop beyond your arm’s shoulder joint.
- Next, measure from the end of the shoulder joint to the wrist. You get to determine the distance between the two points because some people prefer their sleeves to end just before or just after their wrist bone.
- Add the two measurements together, and you have your shirt sleeve length. Round this figure up to the nearest sleeve lengths available for shirts.
Sleeve Measurement Tips
- Wear an old shirt that fits perfectly so you can have a good reference point.
- You will need a tape measure and someone to help you measure. However, you can also do the measuring on your own.
- When measuring, keep your elbow a bit bent to allow room for unrestricted movement.
Importance of measuring your own sleeves
Now that you have learned how to measure sleeve length, what is the importance of measuring your own sleeves instead of winging it? Let’s find out
Get the perfect sized shirt
Measuring your sleeves allows you to know what your perfect size is. When you walk into a store, you know exactly what you need. When you wear the shirt, you have complete confidence that you look good because your measurements are accurate.
A professional look
The closest thing to getting tailor-made clothes is wearing clothes that fit perfectly. If you can find a size that is identical to your exact sleeve measurements, anyone could be fooled that your shirt is tailor-made.
Nail the right size the first time
Let’s face it – shopping can be a long and arduous process. However, knowing your exact sleeve length will save you time. If you have to buy a shirt for another guy and you know his measurements, then you don’t have to waste time trying to guess if it’s the right size.
In this article, we have taken a look at how to measure sleeve length. When you have an accurate sleeve measurement, you can rest easy knowing that your shirt will be the perfect fit. Wearing great-fitting clothes will boost your confidence and give off professional vibes.
To stay updated on everything happening in men’s style/lifestyle, street culture & music follow @heartafact on Instagram