Hoodies are a staple in any man’s wardrobe. They are the ultimate informal wear for most casual settings. If you have any number of hoodies, then you know how hard it is to store them. With their heavy and clunky nature, hoodies may cause a mess in your wardrobe. Or, they may get buried deep inside while you beat one lucky one to death with constant wear.
If you learn how to fold a hoodie for the most strategic storing, you can keep your hoodies in rotation. These steps to folding a hoodie make it compact and neat enough to stay in shape inside a drawer or on shelves. This way, you save storage space without any hoodies getting buried under all your clothes.
How to fold a hoodie in 7 easy steps
- Lay the hoodie with its back facing up. Remember to use a hard surface like a table.
- Take one of the sleeves and lift it to the side, like you’re making a T out of the hoodie. Fold the sleeve against the back of the hoodie.
- Since the sleeve is probably going beyond the edge of the hoodie, fold it downwards on the hoodie’s surface.
- Do the same on the other sleeve.
- From there, fold vertically from the edges of the hoodie. Now you have a long rectangle of a hoodie and the remaining hood.
- Fold the rectangle along the middle horizontally.
- Take the folded rectangle and insert it into the hood. Flatten the hoodie and tie the drawstrings together if there are any. Voila, you have a small and compact folded hoodie!
Best ways to store a hoodie
When it comes to storing hoodies, one must make do with the space they have available. Not everyone has a closet space dedicated to hoodies on hangers. Hoodies take up a lot of space, so they need to be stored strategically. Here are some ways to store hoodies:
- Folding and stacking up hoodies on shelves
- Storing in drawers
- On hangers
- Stored away during hot months
Things to remember before you fold a hoodie
If you want to fold the perfect hoodie, you need to keep a few things in mind. Sloppy folding will fall apart in a matter of days and take up the space required for other important clothes. Here are some hoodie-folding tips:
- Fold your hoodies on a hard surface. Folding hoodies on your bed might not produce the compact and flat folding you are looking for.
- Smooth out the wrinkles by hand or using a flat iron. This is essential for looking good as well. An un-ironed hoodie is not a good look.
- Flatten as you go. Hoodies take up a lot of space, so you need to smoothen every part that you fold. Make sure that the smoothing is deliberate and flattens the material as much as possible.
In this article, we have explored the best method on how to fold a hoodie. Storing your hoodies in a way that saves storage space is essential for every man. Otherwise, hoodies can be the catalyst for perpetually messy closets. With this method, you can say goodbye to crinkled-up hoodies stuffed away from sight.
To stay updated on everything happening in men’s style/lifestyle, street culture & music follow @heartafact on Instagram